Friday 31 January 2014

Lemon Ice Cream in Meringue Nest

http://ift.tt/1ftfJj4



Taking5 has added a photo to the pool:


Lemon Ice Cream in Meringue Nest


I had been thinking some time about making a lovely light lemon ice cream. At the same time I had a number of egg whites left after making a batch of sugee cakes. So, thought I would combine the two.



The result, if I may say so myself, was rather heavenly. The ice cream - used David Lebovitz's recipe (Super Lemon Ice Cream). Popped it on top of the meringue nest, then topped with blueberries.



Ice cream recipe is as follows:



Ingredients:

Zest of 2 lemons, 100g castor sugar, 125ml lemon juice (from 3 lemons), 1 cup cream, 1 cup milk. (David uses 2 cups half and half but I didn't have that).



Directions:

Blend the zest and sugar together till fine. Add the lemon juice and then the half and half. Chill for an hour. Freeze in ice cream maker as per maker's instructions.






via Dessert Pool http://ift.tt/1ftfHaZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...