Wednesday 30 April 2014

119. lentil pie

http://ift.tt/1pP8glK



megnificent! has added a photo to the pool:


119. lentil pie


For unknown reasons, I had a jonesing for an Australian meat pie like I remember from being a kid.... beef, brown slightly sludgy sauce, really juicy, buttery crust....



Well, there was no meat lying around (it's a planned-in-advance treat for us), so I got a little bit creative and tried to emulate the juicy brown sauce but used lentils and mushrooms to stand in for the beef chunks/mince. It's. so. good. Duncan and I ate an embarrassing amount of pie over the course of an early dinner and then another late dinner.



Vegetarian & gluten free & inexpensive & super yum. I wrote down everything I put in it in case I wanted to recreate it later. I do, with some tweaks.



(I took this picture today to stand in for yesterday).



119/365.






via Vegetarian Food and Recipes! {ALL WELCOME!} Pool http://ift.tt/1pP8glP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...