Saturday 9 September 2023

My Usual Recipe <> "How do You Like Them Apples?" - Cooking for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Rosh HaShanah ~~ Zeroing In On Mom and Chic's Baked Sweet and Savory Stuffed Apples & Acorn Squash ~~

https://ift.tt/wQd1puK

Chic Bee has added a photo to the pool:

My Usual Recipe <> "How do You Like Them Apples?" - Cooking for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Rosh HaShanah ~~ Zeroing In On Mom and Chic's Baked Sweet and Savory Stuffed Apples & Acorn Squash ~~

שָׁנָה טוֹבָה וּמְתוּקָה Have A Good And Sweet Year

Main Components
Macintosh and other varietal Apples, cored. Other varieties like Gala and Granny Smith stay firmer longer.
Sweet Potato
Acorn Squash
Or Butternut Squash

Stuffing Ingredients:
Apple chopped
Jumbo Raisins - Any raisins are fine...
Honey
Maple Syrup
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Allspice
Nutmeg
Whole Cloves (some people prefer ground cloves)
Vanilla Extract

Amounts
Amounts of all ingredients are to your family's taste.

Keep Records
Just keep records as ina Garten does to see what works best for you....
No, this recipe is not Ina's. It is mine. And, I am sure I learned from my Mother and both Grandmas..
Sorry, I left it in the oven too long. The Macintosh apples turned to an extremely delicious apple sauce. I used to make the apples in a separate pan and take them out sooner.

My Menu Plans
I'm beginning to plan my dishes for the holidays. I don't need to test the recipes because I make them for most holidays. However, my memory is slipping, so it probably would be a good idea to do some test baking. I really do need to check baking times.

I first posted this photo in 2011, and I have baked these foods in this oven each year since.

This year I will remember to bake the apples separately, to check them frequently, and to take the remaining ones out when they are done. It's good to bake a bunch of each item in their pan so you can take out one at a time to taste. Also, You can keep the remaining ones in the fridge and reheat as needed. They keep well.

This year I must remember to take note of the best baking times for the apples, the acorn squash, and the yams!!

Asher, at the 5th Street Deli, makes marvelous Moroccan Baked Salmon. I think I will order a platter of that too. It's always delicious!

Note added September 2023:
Sadly, the 5th Street Deli has closed.

100_9114 - Version 4



via Vegetarian Food and Recipes! {ALL WELCOME!} Pool https://www.flickr.com/photos/80454089@N00/53176532449/in/pool-74921284@N00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...