Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas Dinner

http://ift.tt/1mL3Ht8

Hamburger Helper has added a photo to the pool:

Christmas Dinner

Christmas chez nous is about beef. Lots of beef. Brisket roast, around 4 lbs cooked over 5 hours. Ridiculously tender. Carrots cooked in the jus, with roasted Brussels sprouts and French haricots verts, simply cooked with olive oil and garlic.

3-5 lbs brisket roast (chuck would do nicely too, I just trimmed mine of as much fat as I could)
1 cup red wine, eyeballed
several splashes of soy sauce
6-8 cloves garlic, sliced roughly
2 medium onions
4-5 carrots
several bay leaves
salt and pepper

I didn't bother to sear the meat before cooking. I just added everything in a large cast iron pot and turned on the heat, kept it low and checked after 3 hours. Poking at it, I could tell it needed more time. Checked after another hour, then another. Once the meat was tender enough to separate with a fork, I turned off the heat, and took the dog for a walk for about an hour. Came back, and made up my plate.



via Recipes to Share Pool http://ift.tt/1mL3Htb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...